Search


Wi-Fire USB WiFi adapter reviewed

quarta-feira, 19 de agosto de 2009 ·

Wi-Fire USB WiFi adapter reviewed

wifire-4

Wi-Fire is a nice geeky USB WiFi adapter that I have been testing for a week or so now. It works flawlessly with my WinXP based desktop and my Acer notebook powered by WinVista. And the good thing for many techies is the Linux compatibility.

Wi-Fire certainly performs better than my old D-Link DW-G122 adapter as well as my internal WiFi adapter on the Acer. The installation process is simple and you can easily configure this thing in minutes. Wi-Fire has a very innovative design taking a different approach than the standard USB sticks that we see. WiFire can cling to your LCD monitor or any other location pretty easily and you just need to rotate the antenna to optimize the WiFi range. The connection to the system takes place with the help of a mini USB cable.

wifire-review

For me the Wi-Fire improves the WiFi connectivity by 20-30% (thats like doubling the range available at times) with three wireless routers being shared around my neighbourhood. Since I use a desktop for regular work, I really don’t mind using the WiFire as it hangs around on unused airspace on my table, however if you plan to use this with a notebook, be sure you are adding a not so small accessory to your bag.  WiFire is priced at $59. (More images after the jump)

wifire-live-1

wifire-live-2

wifire-lappySimilar Posts:


0 comentários:

Most popular today

About this blog

Site Sponsors